Hurricane Irma: How You Can Help
Hurricane Irma is one of the strongest storms even measured in the Atlantic and has left catastrophic damage behind. We have put together a list of how you can help those in need.
- Donate money or product through Delivering Good. Also, we have added a fourth charity to our Give back mission. If you recently purchased a KIDBOX, you and your child can now select to give your donation to “Hurricane Relief” in the My Account section. As always, for each KIDBOX you keep we’ll donate a brand new outfit to a child in need.
- The American Red Cross is taking donations to help with Hurricane Irma disaster relief. Click here to make an online donation
- The Salvation Army is taking donations for both national and international response to Hurricane Irma. Click here to make an online donation , To donate to help with victims in the Caribbean: Click here to make an online donation
- Global Giving: A charity crowdfunding site that is attempting to raise $2 million to be used exclusively for local relief and recovery efforts. GlobalGiving’s Irma Relief Fund is accepting donations here. (GlobalGiving prioritizes local organizations over the long term, but often steers money toward larger entities like Save the Children or the International Medical Corps during the early days of disaster response.)
- Save the Children is taking donations to help with the more than 4 million children estimated to be impacted by Irma. You can donate online by clicking here.
- And if you would like to help the non-humans in Irma’s path, organizations accepting donations for the welfare of animals include the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, the Best Friends Animal Society and the South Florida Wildlife Center.